Thursday, October 16, 2008

Clean coal

I got this in my e-mail box this money. It is from Brianna Cotter from Powervote.org

As I watched the final Presidential debate tonight, I was struck yet again by just how far political leadership is from popular support of clean, just energy. While "wind," "solar," "geothermal" and other great investments were mentioned two times each, I heard the nonexistent "clean coal" given even more credence by candidates specifically voicing their support at least three times. I heard about the building of 45 new nuclear power plants in one proposal. The hundreds of thousands of young people who are signing the Power Vote pledge want real solutions to climate change. We don't buy those "clean coal" and "safe nuclear" lies for a second. When candidates mention "off-shore drilling" again and again, we know that's not the answer. We want candidates that will stand up to the dirty energy industry and stand up for our future.

No comments: